Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Holidays...






Please please I beg you. Listen to this masterpiece of an interpretation!

This is the most beautiful piano piece I have ever heard. I am not a big fan of piano music but this ranks up there with any category of music I have ever heard...

The beginning is just so serene and subdued that you get taken away by its flow...

The haunting tunes in the middle and near the end of the performance is gripping. A climactic blending of instrumental music that tells us we are riding a wave of inner conflict, torment and a need to escape....


I forgot to add that the high notes in the beginning are hair-raising and make you feel that there is a crescendo where you will be taken to in the next couple of minutes. It moves me a tiny wee bit to tears because of the depressive episodes I have been experiencing the last couple of days. But crying is therapeutic and that is why I will never let go of music in my life.

This man is GOD!!! He must be BIG in Japan! Not to mention the world noh?

Downstairs is the solo version of the song. The actual title is Forbidden Colours. This is the same artist's solo interpretation. It is still very beautiful and I am feverishly looking around for more of his works. Look for his music with David Sylvian!!! This man is GOD!!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, that's an absolutely beautiful piece of music.