Friday, February 22, 2008

realism


I stare down from the 17th floor of a posh hotel...and I felt my head spin in a feeling akin to vertigo...So I go back to my chair facing a drab-colored but nevertheless expensive-looking table lamp. I try to get back to my task but several images facing me coalesce to give me an almost surrealistic feeling. I say almost because they are not quite incongruous to the whole picture but they do indicate a life that seems to be one thing but is another...
The address on the paper, the hotel's name behind the useless battery, the handles of a bag, the opened tiny bottle of Bulgari lotion, an unwashed cup of chocolate and a tiny metal container with torn-out sugar packs beside it...they all somehow form one big image of a luxurious, sophisticated and tycoonic life yet the truth is startingly different. This is a miserable existence...







When you have fun in bed with someone and attend to his needs and get paid for it, it all seems fine and fabulous and ordinary when you look at it from the outside but truth is society calls you a whore, a prostitute...You are scorned at, laughed at, mocked at...all feeling of revulsion rains upon you....
It's ironic that when you are with someone, an entity called a client, they would never dare call you flesh for sale. They would say they revere, respect and worship you and even dare say they love you. Yet I can only guess what they are thinking after they have orgasmed, when their debauchery has been fed, when the act has commenced...am I not right? ? When they leave my room...when I leave their hotel room, their thoughts are mine....You know what I mean? You're trying to don and assume their thoughts in an act of curiosity and perhaps just the insatiable need for answers to a life full of queries. You want to pick their brains and see what the neurotic signals stand for- the meaning of these electrical impulses. But then again why do I say all this? Am I suggesting that there is nothing BUT negative thoughts of me in their minds when both of us have wiped the sweat, lust and letch from our bodies and they have reached for the medium of barter to hand it to me - a most classic scene in this taboo profession? Of course not! But I do want your cash.....
My existence is one of appearances, pretexts of a scheme that has long existed beyond our infantile imagination. Sometimes I feel like a counterfeit bill, I have to represent something in the color-blind retinas of people which I am not really. Similar to these images which pepper a sketch to feign opulence and royalty, the reality is they mask a being stuck in the muck of a bottomless bog, I hope you do not know what I am talking about because I hate being too open. I disdain it when people try to pick my brains. But I certainly want to study yours........................





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know Liisa, which job in the world gives you everything?
Just like everything else, everything has it's price.
Nice photography, the artist in you is slowly emerging I see.
Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Liisa,
An interesting piece of writing...In answer to you're question I for one have good thoughts and memories of almost every working girl I've ever been with (going back 35 years). I never minded paying for their services, and did not think of myself as somehow superior or "better" then them.
John

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes!! a "life full of queries..."

And aren't OURSELVES the biggest "???" of them all!?

I have given up trying to figure other people out. But getting better at just appreciating them in all their contradictory and unresolved and mysterious madness. (Well, so long as it doesn't get me a black eye, then I just duck and run.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Liisa...
This is JΓ©rome, from Brussels...

May be you've forgotten me, but we met two weeks ago, and you were my "first time" in a rush... It was, for me, exactly what I could have expect : impressive, fast and very, very human.

May I, therefore, react to you quite sad entry... realistic, yes, surely, but quite sad...

Okay. Definitely, I am not your usual type of client : I did not invite you to the Ritz, I met you in your tiny hotel room, I did not "use and abuse your body", as I came for something else, but I think I can speak for myself...

There is no link, I think, between the "condition" of being a "client", and considering you as "flesh" (with the notion of lack of respect).
You describe quite acutely how men first treat you as a queen (that you are, actually ;) and then, you (or them) being fucked, switch to negative feelings and then loose their consideration for you...
In the "psychology" of a "client", it is not contradictory, I think to :
1. Look for something (a relation, not a product, but bought with money) very specific, that coincides with a fantasy,
2. Found the person (provider) for and pay for it,
3. Live it,
4. Go back to the daily life.

What I mean is that you (= I) can assume being a client, which means looking as you say to satisfy my thrust of being fucked by a superb shemale, and being precise in defining it with you, then live it with you, and leave you without "losing respect"...

May be, to take your statement by the other hand, the "problem" of some men is that they do not say frankly (or deny) what they are looking for, and therefore "lie" at the beginning, to then being "caught back" by guiltiness feelings... I think, sincerely, that if things are clear since the very begining (a fantasy for money and with a specific and pre-determined complicity) then you can leave the room happy to have lived it, and thankful for the person who made it possible...

Waiting to come back ane meet you, again, a little bit longer !
J