Thursday, February 14, 2008

my mind in bars....


For the past few weeks there has been such a strange deviation in my sleep now. Or should I say waking hour? Because NOW I can recall my dreams remarkably whereas before I had completely deep, stone-dead AND dreamless slumbers. Well it is an established fact in the psychological world and a generally accepted reality that our imagination runs amok when it is at rest producing numerous fantastical scenarios called dreams but the big question is whether we can retrace our steps back to relate THE PICTURES AND SCENES we EXPERIENCED during THIS EXTRAORDINARY PHENOMENA in our conscious state or not...In my case my forays to the netherworld of Morpheus have been ill-remembered for as long as I can remember until the last few weeks. They stand out in my memory more now and I believe I can even write them down in detail. My theory is that this is probably happening because I have ceased taking sleeping pills so now I am resting naturally and as a consequence my memory has returned to its usual agitated and healthy state. I don't know really....

For the longest time now and all throughout my life strange dreams about criminals have continually haunt me. These are not ordinary robbers or shoplifters I feel. They are serial killers and very violent men who have a real lust for killing people. These are people who would not hesitate to cut throats when they can if i am allowed to say so. I have never seen them do it in my sleep but somehow I felt their capabilities. There was one scene where there was a gigantic riot inside the prison ground. Policemen were being killed left and right and the inmates were able to escape jail and frollick joyously around town probably wreaking havoc thereafter. I cannot recall what happened afterwards since I woke up before I could ever continue remembering the scene.

Then several moments ago before I wrote this entry this uncanny situation played out in my sleep and it was very disturbing. I was in a room where the most hardened criminals were present. One officer was chatting nonchalantly with the second most-wanted guy in the region with no shackles or handcuffs to restrict him. There was a huge holographic screen above us which featured a reality-TV-show-like scenario where the video featured criminals apprehended and manhandled by police in different areas all simultaneously or spontaneously telecast live for us to see. Then we watched the MOST wanted guy being mangled by police on the screen in less than placid atmosphere naturally. Then the officer chatting with Mr. Most Wanted 2 grabbed the inmate's arm and led him around several desks. They were making their way to the direction where I was seated when I stumbled upon consciousness! Thank God I woke up because I was feeling terrified at the possible outcome if they passed within inches of me so I felt relieved!

Can someone please explain to me why I have had these dreams with these legal offenders and bloodless scoundrels as subjects on many occasions throughout my life? Are these subliminal indicators of my evilish ways? I certainly hope not! I am a psychology graduate and I SHOULD have an inkling what these mental events mean but it has been a long time since I last studied or reviewed the interpretation of dreams in an academic light. Of course I am aware that Psychology and consequently dreams are not exact numerically measurable sciences. There is a lot of gray area in them but for heavensakes anyone with an idea of why I have been having these horrendous scenarios in my mind when I am asleep, please do come forward and let me hear what you have to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'why are you afraid?'

there is a guard in the room, prisoners appear to be tranquil,
nothing to suggest real 'danger'.

what exactly is it that scares you soo as they approach?

i think part of the answer lies within the 'reality tv'.
the 'image' of violence and criminals... all exploited for sensation on the screen.
it's intent is to traumatize...
appears to be working... LoL

Anonymous said...

Liisa,
My dreams are certainly much more enjoyable than yours...HAHAHA. I'm not an expert on dreams, but I think you maybe you're environment is not totally secure all the time (you really have to rely on you're wits and instincts to assess each person you encounter), and subconciously (or conciously) you realize that you could sometimes exposed to potential danger...

You probably do not have good feelings towards the police either (for good reason because in the Philippines you have probably known them to be less than helpful in many occasions...and often wanting bribes). Of course I'm not an expert on analyzing dreams, these are just my thoughts.

Hmmm maybe you could analyze my dreams some time HAHAHAHA. John

Anonymous said...

I sometimes have dreams so real and so vivid, that I wake up in cold sweats, not knowing where I am.

Even one were I was using my phone, calling and texting someone, I actually had to check my phone when I woke up, check my last dialled and my sent texts.

From what you said about your recent dreams, you seem to have some sort of fear of been physically hurt, but thats just a guess, after all there just dreams.

How about I put this to you, how about someone with a history of violence, a really bad person, who takes pleasure in making people suffer, someone with the look of a stone cold killer in eyes, if this person offered you money to spend, lets say two weeks with him, would you do it, knowing the above ?

But then I could be just fucking with you :)