Friday, November 9, 2007

the face of our time...



she is the most beautiful woman i have ever seen...period. I may not have seen her in person but it is enough that I have seen the worst of her too in pictures. The first time I saw her in her Calvin Klein ads on TV, I thought she was stunningly beauteous. I am not going butch by the way and i still adore men...looks, figure and stiffness in all the right areas hahahahahahhaha....

But Christy's face is divine and very very unique. In a profession where beauty is defined by nasal perfection, perfect skin, gorgeous soft hair and who Karl Lagerfeld fancies at the moment (LOL) she is not typical. A friend once told me that she really has all the right bones in the right places in her face and I second his comment. When you really dissect the various parts of her looks you can find imperfections. Lips too small? Eyes too wide? Nose looks fake? I don't know but when I look at the whole equation she is really aesthetically pleasing.

Metropolitan Museum of Art calls her "The Face of the 20th Century."

Perhaps the best description I keep of her which was also first quoted by another friend is "Her beauty grows on you...she does not look stunning at first but the more you look at her, the more you realize she is indeed sublimely pretty." Oh how can I in my endless search for beauty, ever match up to this woman???? LOL.

And her looks are way too deceptive over what she has achieved over the years. She has campaigned against smoking of which she was addicted to in the past but quit for good. She has moved products to the top of the world market...from lipglosses to yoga mats to garbs to magazines, she is a tour de force. But she will be best remember for being graceful when the negative aspects of her life were laid out for the world to see. Cognizance of your imperfections is an achievement and to admit it in public is revolutionary. Your vulnerabilities are visible for people to see and that is dare-devilish. She has championed being a public figure and being a private one too.

My admiration for her is indefinable and I have never found another Iron-Curtain fraulein or Brazilian bunda to match her magnetism...
i shall sing her praises forever. Well probably until....I can match her beauty an an impossible, intensive plastic surgery which will never happen LOL...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liisa,
They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. From where I'm sitting you look fabulous.
John