Wednesday, March 21, 2007


when i see young gay boys here in bangkok who are barely in their teen years, i find myself amused, smiling and thinking. I appreciate the openness with which they can display a lifestyle which is scorned at in most societies. It is true that most civilizations have come to accept the homosexual lifestyle or have claimed to have had accepted it. But no place on earth have I ever seen where the young gay boys can easily blend into the background with their noticeably different gestures, flamboyant gait and sometimes outrageous outfits.

The spectrum of gay can include the quiet, barely noticeable and very masculine gentlemen who cannot be recognized by the common public to the loud, talkative and very very feminine and blatant gab of the woman-man called the ladyboy. (Being a ladyboy has to qualify some form of homosexuality!) but I have to admit that the very young and flashy and cute gay kids are very enviable. I find myself admiring them. They manage to remain innocent and yet remain what should I say "faithful" to the template that society gives the homosexual man. They almost never listen to what other people have to say about them and seem to not have a care in the world to the whispers behind their backs!

I saw a young Thai kid who after making his purchase from a 7-11 store posed in front of the door and waited for it to open then made a gesture as if he was Wonderwoman and about to fly to the ends of the Earth, arms raised in the air and face assuming the super-heroine look Haha! It was so funny I laughed so much and I was right across the street when I saw him do it so anyone who was walking my side of the road might have thought I had gone insane from the traffic and pollution of Bangkok Haha!

I love them young gay boys. The flamboyant ones are the best! They are a breed who are fast disappearing in this world. The honesty and truthfulness they display are second to none and their gestures are priceless. There is so much bullshit in the homosexual world I have to admit which is why I find myself writing this blog to give tribute to the genuineness of the young gay kid...

Hail to young gaydom! Hahahahaha!

P.S. (thank you to bryanboy.com for his picture which I used because I could not find pictures of young gay boys around the net so fast hehe)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you have not been to NYC.... Everyone is quite open there.

Anonymous said...

Good post.