Sunday, January 13, 2008

diesel fuel...

i decided to be spontaneous and just leave the house for the weekend, abandoning work, appointments, people and family behind to head up north of Cebu to sun, tan and just relax the clouded pulp of a nutshell....

Don't dive into conclusions...this is not your usual touristy article which narrates the experience of a traveller landing for the first time in a place with a white, spotless and secluded sandy paradise somewhere NOR is it the reality television-like rantings of a wannabe actor with his usual entourage of television crew, wires and microphone on foot or inside his car ridiculously rattling off nonsense about his perceptions of that tourist spot he wants to showcase to the world....

What this is all about is how after only three hours of sleep, endless cups of hot chocolate and a seemingly tireless journey through the world wide web, I still have the energy to pack my bags, hail a cab and ride the 2-hour bus to the place I had in mind.

If we are going to talk about that, we might as well talk about how after three hours of badminton, I can still afford to say, "sure, why not?" to anyone who asks me for another match which could run from two straight sets to three sets of more running and slapping....

Or we can also talk about how even after a night-out with friends, drunk and tired, I can still manage to perform my night rituals of moisturising, scrubbing, kneading and more moisturising as precisely as any normal night routine before I go comatose to Dreamland....

How can there be so much energy in a fragile, young body which is a factory of female hormones and more meds than the average human being can take? I remember when I was young my mom asking me when she saw me all dirty and sweaty after a game of badminton IF i had the genetic code of a racehorse hahahahaha ....That may be partly true LOL

I have no idea where I get my energy. There must be some well-spring hidden deep inside my body which is self-replenishing, and self-regenerating when my joints need more lubricant for movement and the internal engine needs fuel for power...This has to be the explanation for this extraordinary phenomenon...I think this works well for me because somehow when I want to get down and trudge through a certain task I make sure it is finished right then and there and not practice the common nationalistic habit of procrastination....Another thing is I can go through long hours at a certain endeavor because of this extraordinary persistence and resilience....

This is also the reason why I lack sleep and never seem to get enough rest. However I can take comfort in the fact that I am not taking sleeping medication anymore, not even natural ones! That alone is a good fact eventhough I am still underslept. My principle is six hours of natural slumber is better than 10 hours of medicated dead-to-the-worldness right? I want to assume that when I am tired, I really am tired and that is the time I will go to sleep.

Anyway we are digressing from the main topic here...I still cannot tangibly explain where I get my mutant-esque fuel power from but for sure there will be a point when I will slow down and just gradually relax and bevel off to a more sedated pace...or I don't know! I have never been one to go through life in a lethargic and non-energetic mode haha Maybe the only time I will ever get to relax and just settle to a trance-like pace is when I am at the deadend of the crossroad of my my life, and about to be scuttled down, six feet underground :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're got astounding energy. I would have dropped dead if I did half the things you did! LOL
You're just amazing.

Anonymous said...

You always look at events from a very unique perspective… I doubt that anybody else would have taken the occasion of a trip to the beach to reflect on her own boundless energy supply. Well done Liisa