Friday, July 1, 2011

exercise your Suntec moment...





Being back in the Lion City is refreshing. I don't know why. Maybe it's because every time I come back here there's always something new being built or finished. The big Noah's ark that is Marina Bay Sands stands out like an incongruous bump in the Singaporean landscape. I still cannot get over the fact that they built another line for the trains here considering how diminutive this country is compared to the rest of Asia. Or maybe the heat of the city adds extra miles to the couple of meters you walk thus contributing to the size of this nation? Tell me about it, I am not one to walk under the humid conditions - a far cry from my first time here when I was capable and willing to walk miles (hundreds and hundreds of meters in Singaporean parlance)!


So what is your Suntec moment?


Hahaha If you don't know what that is then go ahead and read.


I caught up with a long-time fan yesterday. Long time is long time as in wayyy before this blog was ever made - can you imagine? We had fancy coffee and a couple of drinks as well as some healthy snacks(always for me!). I've never really done any big-time touristing here as never try to stereotype myself as the classic Filipino tourist and WORK interferes all the time as well anyway LOLLL. But I did don my tourist cap yesterday and went around my area. You know in a city that is so little and expectedly for me, one THAT MIGHT hold too few surprises I was actually taken aback at how close everything was to my hotel. Go ahead and figure. We were having drinks at Bali Lane in the Moslem area when my eyes saw a view of this huge and well-known porcupine (I like calling it that) structure. This gigantic building is quite memorable for me because my first time in this city I posed for a picture in somebody's hotel room and there was a view of the spines from its back! KINKY!!! LOLLLL I was quite surprised to actually just see it from where I was. And to think from my view I could see also see Raffles Hospital which is only blocks away from where I was staying! My friend told me everything within the city center is just really so close to each other and so easy to get to. It's just that we choose to contribute to the country's public transportation funds or we'd rather be lazy-arsed individuals and not exercise a little LOLLL



Now I was tearing my brains apart to try and identify the name of this giant spiky structure. Believe me it isn't so easy when a bit of Stella Artois has penetrated your cerebrum! But as always I try and struggle because I believe it's a mental exercise that helps me and my poor addled mind stretch itself to the limits. It's also a reminder that despite the massive doses of hormones and medications I take, my brain is still intact and my mental functioning is still very polished as it used to be. Ahhhh... Suntec City! I got it! I'll never forget that place because as I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I've had my picture taken with that in the background!!!



After several more rounds of Stella, a song I really liked played in a bar right beside ours. With a bit of alcohol in my veins and a looser tongue (can you imagine this? I'm already considerably loose sober! hahaha) I decided to approach the faux deejay what the song was. Why faux? Because it seemed that he was multitasking his way around - talking to customers, adjusting the music controls and going back and forth to usher in guests to his bar. Problem was I asked him about several notes into the next song already. The playlist was on shuffle and he said that with the kind of program their music was running on it was a bit hard to go back to the previous song or even look for it on the list. I've never known such bullshit as there is always a way to find a song that's been played on your list and I kinda guessed he was just too lazy to look for it! Nothing I did could convince him to look more closely so I left him alone, leaving the place a bit drunk and still with no title for a song whose title continues to elude me! LOL


Now back in my hotel my Suntec moment spurred me to look for the title of the song online! With my alcoholic convalescence making slow progress I thought it was going to be a long night. My tenacious and ingenious self finally found it after a reasonable mustering of patience and after a titanic struggle for so many minutes on Youtube. It was simple enough really. I typed on Google "singer + sounds like Bruno Mars" and voila! I clicked on the links that this wondrous search machine provided for and I was able to stumble upon the song. I don't want to sound condescending but I think there's a little bit of smartness with the way I handled looking for it. I think in some small way it provided me with a simple satisfaction which is still satisfaction however you look at it!



I would never yield to failure, nor would I ever allow my brain to decompose from lack of use so I'm always gonna look forward to more Suntec moments as my miserable life progresses on....



Now that was a rather weird rant and an unusual post. So arcane of me really to start write from nothing...I guess this is why we call it blogging rather than composing noh? hehehehehehe







No comments: