Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snippets from the 2010 Oz Open...

The 2010 Aussie Open has ended and I had a lovely time watching and wielding my highly biased opinions on most of the matches on court including that of my beloved players...This year's tournament is proof that tennis is more than just gladiators with rackets for clubs and balls for nunchucks on court, it is total entertainment with stars on and off-court. And an audience to boot!!!



Serena Williams won so I am a happy girl ...Roger Federer won his 16th Grand Slam title in the men's singles and I was left wondering where Del Potro or Nadal was in the final LOL.



I love all the matches from the first round jousting of Richard Gasquet and Mikhail Youzhny to Serena's escape from the jaws-of-death in the hands of Azarenka in the quarters to Cilic's exhausting run to the semi-finals to Justine Henin's fantastic comeback from semi-sedation. I had this rather weird carnal satisfaction at watching her compatriot Kim Clijsters' destruction to Nadia Petrova in the fourth round so I must have gotten more personal as a television viewer than I intended to be LOL



I was dazzled by so many fabulous plays, charismatic characters, bazooka-powered serves, Seles-esque grunts, winners left-and-right: backhand and forehand, sizzling returns and gritty five set affairs that lasted hours during the whole Open that I found it difficult to think that I was in hiatus and not in the actual Melbourne venue itself. Thank Zion for Cable TV! :D



Once again after the event itself...all that remains are PHOTOS - snapshots of the action, the glamorous stars, the phenomenal shots, the indelibility of endurance in the human spirit....and I am very happy and very grateful to my liaison who is a God behind these sports photographs I am about to share...You are the MAN!!! I salute your extraordinary talent and connections (LOL)!!!



(Note: The exclusivity of these images are totally guaranteed. Only my website and the publications my liaison is connected with have these ultra-exclusive images....)


Oh well what can I say I'm special and you are not!!! hahahaha JOKE!!!!



Enjoy everyone!!!!!!! Don't forget to click on the photos for a better view of each photo :)








Henin's backhand - the best stroke in women's tennis???






British hope for a first Grand Slam in so many years....







Uh-oh Did she scream in exultation or relief????







The most effortless striker in men's tennis..I have to say against my will LOL









Novak Novak...how could you have failed to reach the semis????








Two Chinese in the semi-finals? Now this isn't the World Table Tennis or Badminton Championships is it?????









Davydenko was beating Roger for a set and a half in the quarters then his game faded into oblivion after....










Azarenka had Serena on the ropes for a set and three quarters....









...then Serena found a well-spring to flourish on and beat her in three....








I swore Andy roared louder than King-Kong during this match!!!!!











Venus lost in a tight quarterfinal match against Li Na....:-(









Are you taking my devotion to Serena at face value???? ;)










The other half of the Chinese team to reach the semis...amazing...












Maria Kirilenko tore Sharapova to tatters in the very first round of the tournament...Good thing though as Sharapova only needed to bring her one stylish outfit to the washers LOLLLLLL










I have no idea how Andy lost his quarterfinal match...









...but this was the guy who beat him and he is a player to watch in the future...Marin Cilic!!!!!! Ohh whats with these ex-Yugoslav cuties peppering the world with their world-class sporting skills!!!!
















I swear I orgasm at the sight of Djoko in white shorts more often than once hahahaha









Cilic's Molotov cocktail of a serve!!!!!!










Jo Wilfried Tsonga played brilliantly until the semis...or he may have just ran into the brilliance called Roger Federer noh????











One of my biggest disappointments...after crushing Clijsters and marching into the quarters with a giant-killer reputation, Nadia Petrova failed to produce a second Belgian defeat against the brilliant Justine Henin










Laura Robson, British hopeful???? Hmmm not sure but she looks pretty though :)











Andy played bravely during the final but failed....He was crying during his speech at the trophy presentation, I was touched by his message :)












Congratulations Serena and Roger!!!!!!











Arrivederci!!!!!!!!!!!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, although my favorite is the one of you wearing a white top while partying with your friends and enjoying Redhorse Beer. Simply beautiful.

Alan said...

great article and lovely pics... thanks!