Tuesday, July 7, 2009

commensalism not




Life is all about predation.


The weak get killed, mangled, mutilated, and worse consumed.


The strong dominates, murders, takes advantage and moves in for a meal.


The way I see life has been for me, I have been a good target for many predators. they come in all forms and guises. They could be imbeciles looking for a good conversation. They could be men looking for free sex. They could be desperate people looking for a scapegoat to their narrow lives. They could be loners who do not have a chance at anything social in their own pathetic lives in their abode and limited social existences.


My circumstance too does not help in my cause of avoiding ambush, attack and capture. My situation renders me vulnerable to parasitism and savagery of all genera. I am a product, a commodity for the highest bidder. There is probably no escape for me from the presence of these creatures.


The good thing is in every physical existence there is the concept of evolution.


I can evolve. My character, my strengths, my powers to adapt are malleable and manipulable. I can learn from my experiences and I can change. My individuality does not allow me to pass on my evolutionary qualities to my next of kin. Evolution has to take place in the course of my lifetime, within me. I live my own Darwinian theory of a life.


Of course to evolve and adapt is the way it has to be. Otherwise I will get annihilated, pushed over and swallowed. These lions will be all over me if i do not try to ward off their threats and drown out their roars. They will ravage me if my speed is not enough to outrun them or if my guile lacking to evade detection.


I cannot allow this. This is why my direct actions and thought processes have to be geared towards alertness, adaptability and if needed, combat. This does not necessarily have to be physical combat of course. Minds can be soldiers in a battle that does not exist on a plane of tangible reality. Words can be pawns in a duel in a forlorn place. Actions can be weapons brandished for clashes in a battlefield that transcends physical existence.


It is all over me, all around me, blanketing me. Predators of all sorts...possessing venom, fangs, teeth, claws, digits, brute strength and constrictive capabilities...


Bastards!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've had a pretty rough life and encountered some horrible people. Hopefully you have family and friends to offer you comfort and sanctuary. I'm sure that you're many readers and admirers will join me in wishing you love and happiness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liisa
It sounds like you’ve been having some bad times recently. I’m sorry that things haven’t been better for you. I hope that the future will be better for you and that you will be able to see the good in at least some of the people in the world.
Maybe you have at sometime noticed that even in a predatory world sometimes the natural enemies in nature become friends and help each other out instead of destroying each other. I know it doesn’t happen very often, but it does happen sometimes.
If you try to see the good in life it might help you feel better sometimes, when all you are seeing is the bad around you.
Don’t Let Others Destroy, Define Or Ruin You
Try To See the Good, Not The Bad, But Be Aware Of Both

Have Heart
Be Yourself

Best Wishes, Ben