Sunday, July 6, 2008

tsk tsk tsk more Williams...


Be careful what you wish for indeed!!! hahaha...this was what came to mind when I saw final of the Wimbledon women's singles competition!!! Guess who were there? Williams versus Williams! How boring can you get! LOL




First of all I am a huge fan of the Williams sisters in any kind of tournament they enter. They're exciting, wonderful personalities for any event they enter at. The media swarms around them. When they are around the tourney enjoys a considerable amount of publicity. This translates into moolah and mega-sponsors of course thus affecting an event's longevity and media coverage!


Plus the sisters play flawless tennis when they are at their best. They are at the top of the food chain when it comes to blistering returns, sensational shots and ear-shattering grunts. Their serves are immaculate and their speed is phenomenal. They are sharks in the ocean called tennis....




For some reason as the top seeds in Wimby began dropping like flies I felt happy for the Williams sisters breezing through their draw. I wanted them to do well and even win the event. But as Maria Sharapova, and then Ivanovic began getting kicked out I was kinda worried for my viewing pleasure haha. At the back of my mind the lack of a Sharapova or a Yugoslav girl in the latter part of the competition will take away the sensationalistic appeal of the competition. I guess what was unravelling before me was what I can call overkill. I mean who doesn't want a screeching Sharapova and a wailing Serena in the finals right? Who doesn't want a secret "bitch-eviscerating" match to thrill the people and most of all, us, fans here at home who want to watch a mega-thrilling rivalry unfold!


The final was not short of high quality tennis though. I mean you are talking about the best pair of girls in the tennis world. Do not even start with the hype the sisters get because they're oozing media appeal all over! It's just that the predator in me wants a more satisfying final with lots of controversy and bitches and killer looks in your arena!


Sigh...be careful what you wish for indeed :( LOLOL




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liisa,
I like the new look of you're blog. Where did you get the picture of the ocean and stone wall?
John